Sony Showcase RX1 Images

T18s_zps7b0e7e6c.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A few from a local club here in Seattle, the band, The Dan Reed Network. All low light mostly cropped.

20141101-DSC03613.jpg

20141101-DSC03625.jpg

20141101-DSC03620.jpg

20141101-DSC03575.jpg

20141101-DSC03643.jpg

Michael "Thriftshop" Wansley:
20141101-DSC03660.jpg

20141101-DSC03677.jpg

Visited the Museum of History and Industry here in Seattle, nice day for it too!

20141106-DSC03829.jpg

20141107-DSC03831.jpg

20141107-DSC03845.jpg

20141107-DSC03848.jpg

20141107-DSC03869.jpg

20141107-DSC03874.jpg

20141107-DSC03860.jpg

Did you buy another RX1 just as I was selling the one I bought from you early this year? Life is weird sometimes.

I sold it because I now have Zeiss lenses at 21, 25, and 35mm, all made out of about the same magic unicorn dust as the one in the RX1, so the RX1 wasn't getting any action anymore. At some point, I might miss that sensor and pick up something like a used D610 with the money I got for the RX1, but the Df sensor is almost equally wonderful in the way the RX1 sensor is and a bit more wonderful in other ways, so that may never happen. Sure doesn't feel like a strong need at the moment. Or even a weak want...

-Ray

Did you buy another RX1 just as I was selling the one I bought from you early this year? Life is weird sometimes.

I bought one back a few days before yours hit the classifieds. I saw one in the classifieds and said "that's just too effing cheap for that camera" and without even thinking "I don't want or need another camera", I bought it. And now I'm feeling stupid for it. It's just way too good to NOT have one. But I can't use all the cameras I have. But that unicorn-horn dust lens sure feels good to have back in the stable again. I need to sell a few rare records to justify keeping it. Luckily my wife has seen so many cameras roll through that she didn't even realize a new one arrived.

A few pics from this years trips.....

Think these must be the first Castel Coch images I've seen here

edit when the Marquis was having the castel built the blue print for skyscrapers were being put together in Chicago & Native Americans were attacking the new East to West Pacific Railroad while Britain was locked into a Gothic revival

I bought one back a few days before yours hit the classifieds. I saw one in the classifieds and said "that's just too effing cheap for that camera" and without even thinking "I don't want or need another camera", I bought it. And now I'm feeling stupid for it. It's just way too good to NOT have one. But I can't use all the cameras I have. But that unicorn-horn dust lens sure feels good to have back in the stable again. I need to sell a few rare records to justify keeping it. Luckily my wife has seen so many cameras roll through that she didn't even realize a new one arrived.

That strategy used to work really well for me with bikes, which had the advantage of being easily broken down into their component parts. After a while, I had so many random frames and wheels and cranks and handlebars and bottom brackets lying around that one or two more were often hard for ME to find among the rubble, let alone her less educated eye. I guess I don't have enough cameras these days with just three, two of which look almost identical to the untrained (Coolpix A and G7X) and the Df looking not even like a member of the same basic category of thing as the other two...

I wouldn't have let the RX1 go if I hadn't effectively replaced it first. I'll always have some variant of that lens and full frame sensor in my bag. And I like the focal lengths of the 21 and 25 even more than the 35. My Zeiss lust seems to have been satisfied...

-Ray

Back