Micro 4/3 A new (secondhand) adapted lens put to the test (Nikon 20mm f/4 AI)

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
I went for a walk this morning around my local lanes with my GH2 fitted with a Nikon 20mm f/4 AI lens.As with most adapted ex film lenses there is some fall of in resolution at the edges of the frame. However vignetting and distortion are not apparent and the lens would seem to require between 1/3 of a stop and 1 stop overexposure, hence it seems to control highlights very well, perhaps it's inherently less contrasty than the modern digital lenses.

Great_Luscombe_Gates_1070757.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

At the top of the first lane a look to the east towards the still relatively low sun, no flare evident here

Great_Luscombe_windblown_trees_1070764.jpg

A slight diversion from the footpath across Great Luscombe field to photograph these windblown trees in the hedge

tree_near_Furze_Cross_1070772.jpg

On towards Furze Cross and Bowden. Despite all appearances this is a tarmaced lane

wooden_skull_peers_over_wall_1070781.jpg

Past Bowden Farm and this wooden skull (or is it the complete animal?) appears above a stone wall. (I may not have fully nailed focus with this one)

Duncombe_Cross_1070783.jpg

Just in case I got lost, although perversely I was taking the fourth, unmarked route

windblown_tree_1070794.jpg

Nearing home as I pass under my favourite windblown tree

Orchard_1070802.jpg

The orchard barely 100 yards from my cottage

Not too bad a lens for those of us who like our lenses to have information on the barrel that tells how far away it's focused and be made of good old fashioned brass.

Barrie

I think you and the lens did a great job. The landscape makes me think of Shaun the Sheep (which is a good thing, awesome children's show)

Back