Sports Show Motorcycles & Scooters

View attachment 345300
Fuel Reserve by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

One of the final additions to the Royal Enfield Himalayan in preparation for remote riding. Addition of five litres of fuel capacity. As the other side of the fuel tank is going to be used for a side bag to carry my camera eight more litres of fuel will be carried in a bladder at the rear of the bike,
Please be careful with all that extra fuel.

I rode a Tarform electric motorcycle last summer. Here are some photos and the story I wrote about it:

52590973275_36d91987fb_b.jpg

Tarform Electric Motorcycle
by John Flores, on Flickr

52590547596_7a45edf0bb_b.jpg

52590973510_370e52df8b_b.jpg

52591060128_07f90eed3b_b.jpg

In the spring of 2016, I purchased a pair of recently-released GX85s to take on a cross-country motorcycle trip. I rode a Zero DSR electric motorcycle from San Francisco to New York City, following the tire tracks of George A. Wyman, who in 1903 became the first person to cross the country with a motor vehicle (car or motorcycle). I wrote a five-part story about the trip for RoadRUNNER Magazine but knew that there was so much more to tell than could fit in those articles.

I've been working on the longer-form version of the story and just recently started publishing them on Substack. I'm at the part of the story where the photos from the GX85s will be featured, so I thought that I'd share the Substack link here:

_1020532-1440p.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The GX85s were perfect for the trip - compact, high quality - and they fit nicely in my backpack. I still have one of the GX85s and still use it regularly.

I've been working on the longer-form version of the story and just recently started publishing them on Substack. I'm at the part of the story where the photos from the GX85s will be featured, so I thought that I'd share the Substack link here:

The GX85s were perfect for the trip - compact, high quality - and they fit nicely in my backpack. I still have one of the GX85s and still use it regularly.

I have interest in seeing that story and those photos.

the link to the story...

This is, in a word, brilliant, John! Your prose and storytelling are as engaging as your photographs and you hooked me in from the first few sentences. A million thanks for sharing this insanely entertaining electric motorcycle Odyssey!

This is, in a word, brilliant, John! Your prose and storytelling are as engaging as your photographs and you hooked me in from the first few sentences. A million thanks for sharing this insanely entertaining electric motorcycle Odyssey!
Thank you, Miguel. I work very hard at my writing and photography - so much so that I'm afraid to calculate my hourly rate! I appreciate the kind words

Back