Nature Show "Flowers"

DSCF0157 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A few from recent posts on the April 2020 challenge.

200419-1090146.jpg

Ramsons

200417-1090078.jpg

Gorse

200411-1080730.jpg

Greater Stitchwort

200410-1080715.jpg

Dog Violet

200409-1080710.jpg

Dandelion

Barrie

This is a series of Lotus flowers taken in my neighbor's back yard this weekend.

View attachment 221936

View attachment 221933

View attachment 221934

View attachment 221935
Hi Brent, not any comment on the photographs but on the other plant growing up between the lily pads. To me it looks very like something called Parrots Feather which is sold as an aquatic plant but turns out to be highly invasive and the sort of thing that can totally take over and smother the pond. It might be worth your neighbour checking on what it is and taking action if it's the bad guy.

Barrie

Hi Brent, not any comment on the photographs but on the other plant growing up between the lily pads. To me it looks very like something called Parrots Feather which is sold as an aquatic plant but turns out to be highly invasive and the sort of thing that can totally take over and smother the pond. It might be worth your neighbour checking on what it is and taking action if it's the bad guy.

Barrie
Thank you Barrie. I think you refer to the green plants in the foreground, right side, of the 1st picture? As for my neighbor, sad story. His wife died in 2017 and I have been intentional in spending time with him as he had no family. He went to the hospital last Friday morning, April 24, with an intestinal obstruction. It ruptured and he died having been there less than 3 hours; he was 74 and a good friend. I've been cleaning the skimmer and my wife and I took in his cat. He had means so we have been working with an attorney to hire someone to manage the pond until the estate is settled. It is 60 x 40 with a 10 foot waterfall at one end, so it's a large undertaking. I'll pass this information along to whomever takes care of the pond. I appreciate the heads up.

Thank you Barrie. I think you refer to the green plants in the foreground, right side, of the 1st picture? As for my neighbor, sad story. His wife died in 2017 and I have been intentional in spending time with him as he had no family. He went to the hospital last Friday morning, April 24, with an intestinal obstruction. It ruptured and he died having been there less than 3 hours; he was 74 and a good friend. I've been cleaning the skimmer and my wife and I took in his cat. He had means so we have been working with an attorney to hire someone to manage the pond until the estate is settled. It is 60 x 40 with a 10 foot waterfall at one end, so it's a large undertaking. I'll pass this information along to whomever takes care of the pond. I appreciate the heads up.
Yes, you've correctly identified the plants I was referring to, feathery like and sticking up. How sad that the story ends in the way it does, it's good to know that you have the best memories you can of your friend Ken, it is perhaps all we can hope for.

Barrie

Back