New Moon Rising

rybolt

Itinerant picture taker
Name
Paul Rybolt
We had both a good moon and some good clouds last night. Unfortunately, there was about 6 stops diffference in them. You could get a blown out moon and good clouds or a good moon in a black sky but not both.
Then the wind shifted and the clouds provided just enough natural ND to make an interesting picture.
I wanted my wife to fuel up her broom and make a couple of laps for me but she was reading.
PRP30189-2.jpg

PRP30195-2.jpg

We had both a good moon and some good clouds last night. Unfortunately, there was about 6 stops diffference in them. You could get a blown out moon and good clouds or a good moon in a black sky but not both.
Then the wind shifted and the clouds provided just enough natural ND to make an interesting picture.
I wanted my wife to fuel up her broom and make a couple of laps for me but she was reading.
View attachment 10195

View attachment 10196

Wow! Those are epic. Very nice. Detail on the moon and detail on the clouds? I am soooo jealous!

Now about that broom -- is that twin-engine with FAA tail numbers?

Cheers, Jock

This was my second set of pictures. Fifteen minutes earlier I had too much variation between the sky and the moon. The clouds actually create the texture in the moon. It isn't really a 'moon exposure'. Just one of those lucky things that happen every now and then.