Sigma Printing DP3M Files

demiro

Serious Compacts For Life
I'm new to the Sigma DP3M, and not sure if I am more frustrated or thrilled with the little beast from day-to-day. Today I took some very casual snaps of my 9 year old in so-so light and decided to print them. Just 4x6s straight from Sigma Photo Pro software to my uncalibrated Canon printer. Nothing fancy. Damn, I am totally blow away by the prints. Especially the B&W. Just wondering what experience others have had printing the DPxM files. I am now imagining what it might look like if I actually can get a good capture and have it printed in larger size by a pro printer... Dreaming...

The shots I printed are attached. Nothing special to be sure in what I shot. In fact, the color even looks off in the uploaded version. Looks remarkably bright and clean without seeming to be the slightest bit oversaturated when I view from file or in print.

Attachments

• DP3M0058.jpg
    DP3M0058.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 144
  • bnw.jpg
    bnw.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 140
Try saving as a tiff and then printing out of either Lightroom or CC.
Your pictures both look really good on my monitor. Sigma software can be really clunky but it also works well if you're a patient person.

By the way, I'm glad you're enjoying the camera!

I'm sure that a Sigma Merrill will print out just fine, but then the camera is not the most important thing when it comes to making large prints. Start with a great photo, or a high impact photo, or a photo of someone, something, or somewhere that means something to you, and you already have the most important ingredient for making a large print. Try it and you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Back