WINNER ANNOUNCED! The Third Photographers' Lounge Salon Challenge - CHANGE

Hey All,

I might have time to post something. I have my nickels dimes quarters American and Canadian money ready to pose a pic but may not have time. As I understand we can only link to our images uploaded else where so I'll have to see if I can still get to my Flickr since I haven't been there in years. Still take lots of pics they just stay home.

-Ed-

Right...

This has been quite tough to judge. I've been through a bit of an existential crisis, tying myself in knots about interpretation of the brief, and who did so and who didn't. Some of the shots submitted are wide of the mark, showing juxtapositions rather than transitions. That ruled out some really strong compositions if I was being strict, so I wrapped a wet towel around my head and started again.

So, honourable mentions first of all.

KillRamsey - a strong graphic shot with the corroded and plastic pipes and right on the money in terms of the brief

drd1135 - I have a fondness for the visual humour of an image within an image and the two photos are again very strong, with a clear backstory. I particularly liked the fact that even the shapes of the images and the frames were different

Covey22 - a great, vibrant portrait of a remarkable man, but I ruled it out for not being close enough to the theme of change

Luke - I'm still bathing my eyeballs because of the HDR ;) but I loved the brutal, slam-dunk imposition of the new on the old

But the winner on this occasion, and a very worthy one, is davect01. This was the first image to be posted and it held off the competition for a very honourable win. I like this because, again, it tells the viewer a story. It conjures a sense of passing, of shifting life and the responsibility of living it from one generation to another. I like the colours, and the composition. When I look at it I immediately think of an Eagles track entitled "It's your world now" and that tipped the balance for me.

So congratulations to Dave for a very worthy win against stiff competition. It falls to you to set the next challenge!

Dave: congratulations! A very appropriate and wonderful image indeed.
I had not seen this thread but I thoroughly enjoyed looking. So Bill, thanks for organizing.
I don't know how you switched from the 32nd challenge to the 3rd but it is a great theme.

Back