Day no. 2 with the Leica D-Lux typ109

D

dalethorn

Second day's images and impressions of the Leica D-Lux typ109 (twin of the Panasonic LX100). A couple things that I hope are fixed in new firmware are: 1) There's no ability to turn the camera on in playback mode AFAIK, which can lead to problems.... 2) The zoom resume feature causes a problem at turn-on when using the lenscap string when the lenscap isn't removed first (Note: The D-Lux6 warned about removing the lenscap before it extended the lens at turn-on). 3) When extending the zoom to maximum (75 mm), going to review/playback for a moment where the lens retracts after a few seconds, then going back to record mode, the lens returns to 24 mm not 75 mm. (Note: This would be less of an issue if the camera warned before extending the lens with the lenscap on, so that I could begin using the "Zoom Resume" feature). On the positive side, the Highlight/Shadow feature is a welcome alternative to the 'HDR' setting, even when the HDR setting is much better than the 'Scene' HDR found on many or most digicams.

The souvenir shop should be a good case for resolution (taken as JPEG only), with the camera stabilized on a table and daylight streaming in large windows behind and to the left and right. The famous bridge is my first attempt, without using HDR or the Highlight/Shadow feature. I hope to post the same using those settings soon.

Leica D-Lux(109), f7.1, 1/6 sec. supported, ISO 200.
Mtpleasant_Park10_s.jpg

Leica D-Lux(109), f2.8, 2.5 sec. tripod, ISO 200.
Charleston_Bridge25_s.jpg

Back