Serious Compacts Podcast 5: Fuji X-Pro 1

Amin

Hall of Famer
Tonight Ray Sachs, Terry Banet, Bob D'Amico, and Armando Chiu joined me on the podcast to discuss the Fuji X-Pro 1, a camera which all of them have owned.

The discussion goes nearly 2 hours this time, so probably not something anyone would listen to in a sitting, but we had a great discussion of all things X-Pro 1 and then some. Towards the end of the podcast (1:31:31), Ray has a surprise confession :rolleyes::D.

You can listen to the episode here: http://media.seriouscompacts.com.s3.amazonaws.com/SCP-0005.mp3

Podcast subscription options:
Subscribe in iTunes
Subscribe in another podcast client

You can find Ray, Bob, Terry, and Armando here at Serious Compacts as well as on their respective photography sites:

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to download this and save it? I can click the link and it streams fine, but I don't have a 2 hour block of time free and would love the ability to pause or to start in the middle or something. I tried right-clicking and it looked like saving it was required some sort of "Pro" level quick-time. I'm using a Windows based machine and browsing vie Firefox if that helps any of you techies to help me.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to download this and save it? I can click the link and it streams fine, but I don't have a 2 hour block of time free and would love the ability to pause or to start in the middle or something. I tried right-clicking and it looked like saving it was required some sort of "Pro" level quick-time. I'm using a Windows based machine and browsing vie Firefox if that helps any of you techies to help me.

Luke - I was able to download, by going to the link for "Subscribe in another podcast client": Serious Compacts - Podcast. This takes you to another webpage and then right click on the link under Current Feed Content. I was then able to save the mp3 file to my computer... a bit of a slow download, but it looks like it is going to work. Or, you could subscriber to the podcast in iTunes and listen on you iPod or whatever.

Thanks for the podcast, team! Cool to hear your voices and interesting content. I haven't had time to listen to the whole thing yet, but of course, I had to listen to the last part with the Ray's confession!

[SPOILER ALERT: Do not read the rest of this post if you do not want to ruin the podcast surprise/gripping finale. No, seriously, do not look. Do not glance just 2 lines below this warning for the secret.]

Too funny, Ray. When you described finding that E-M5 earlier on mu-43 (and assumed you did not buy it based on your post), I was like "man, he has so much willpower!" I mean, I knew you had spent a chunk of change on a camera already that you were loving, so I could kind of understand, but to happen upon an even more rare albino Unicorn in the wild and walk away.... :eek:

We really should and have tried at times to keep a lid on the length of the podcasts. But sometimes, we get carried away, specially when talking about gear! I blame it on Ray for extending the podcast for an extra 30 minutes. :D

Thanks Kyle, it looks like I'll know if it worked in around 6 minutes. Just in time to go to work.

It looks like my download has bogged down at 11.3 MB for some reason. :(

Do you have iTunes loaded? Even if you are listening on the PC, it may be easier to just subscribe to the podcast that way (assume the downloadd may be quicker).

Thanks for the podcast, team! Cool to hear your voices and interesting content. I haven't had time to listen to the whole thing yet, but of course, I had to listen to the last part with the Ray's confession!

Too funny, Ray. When you described finding that E-M5 earlier on mu-43 (and assumed you did not buy it based on your post), I was like "man, he has so much willpower!" I mean, I knew you had spent a chunk of change on a camera already that you were loving, so I could kind of understand, but to happen upon an even more rare albino Unicorn in the wild and walk away.... :eek:

So much for destroying the surprise for others who haven't listened to the podcast yet, Kyle! Shame on you! :)

Just because of that, I'm going to ruin a big surprise for you ... Darth Vader is Luke's father!!! There! :tongue:

And the Titanic sinks at the end of the movie!! ;)

The download worked for me. I have the iTunes at work, but not at home and I'm pretty sure the dudes looking for records don't want to listen to a podcast about cameras (great as I'm sure it is). I'll listen to it tomorrow morning.

So much for destroying the surprise for others who haven't listened to the podcast yet, Kyle! Shame on you! :)

Just because of that, I'm going to ruin a big surprise for you ... Darth Vader is Luke's father!!! There! :tongue:

And the Titanic sinks at the end of the movie!! ;)

OMG, I totally didn't think about spoilers. I am bad!

I never heard of this Darth Vader. Is this from a photo blog?

Mac users can use Audacity (free app) to speed up the MP3 without changing the pitch. That way you can shave 30+ minutes off the podcast. :) I'm sure there is a Windows app that can do the same thing.

-Robert

[SPOILER ALERT: Do not read the rest of this post if you do not want to ruin the podcast surprise/gripping finale. No, seriously, do not look. Do not glance just 2 lines below this warning for the secret.]

I hadn't bought it when I posted that, so your silly notion of my willpower can live on if you'd like! It lasted all of the better part of the day, but during that time, it was STRONG! And then it, uhhh, wasn't.

We really should and have tried at times to keep a lid on the length of the podcasts. But sometimes, we get carried away, specially when talking about gear! I blame it on Ray for extending the podcast for an extra 30 minutes. :D

I'm just sooo grateful I can jeopardize my financial well being for the entertainment pleasure of you SC regulars. Its the least I can do, really. Particularly when they offer me a SILVER one! (That was for you Amin)...

-Ray

It looks like my download has bogged down at 11.3 MB for some reason. :(

Do you have iTunes loaded? Even if you are listening on the PC, it may be easier to just subscribe to the podcast that way (assume the downloadd may be quicker).

right click, save as or save link as or whatever your particular browser offered. Worked for me, took no time. Havent had time to listen yet.

I downloaded the podcast, and then listened to it, some here and some there. Without trying to remember the details, I was able to come away with some very good impressions and even some conclusions for my own purposes. Thanks guys, and yes one for the OMD will be anticipated.
Amin, I very much like the idea you put forth, about a photography only forum (not gear).

Back