Sony Showcase Sony A7 and 7r Image thread

From National Air and Space Museum / The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Dulles, VA near Washington, DC w/ A7R + CV 12mm & Zeiss 24-70mm:

original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

More shots from Air & Space Museum:
original.jpg

Tiles from Discovery
original.jpg

And couple shots of other planes:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Testing the new mark 3 deotech contax g af adapter w/ Contax g 45mm f2 wide open:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

M3 adapter is faster, so af is not bad either. Contax g 35/45mm lenses are similar size to Oly 17/45mm lenses or rf lenses.

Thanks.

The af speed is better, but it is most probably slower then the native FE lenses. Again contax g lenses are old screw type lenses, so when the adapter works, it makes noise. You can use the adapter with mf also, since the mf is supported by the adapter motor. That is much easier then manual contax g adapters. Also you have to consider that A7R af is slower then the latest m43 cameras. However you need CV 17mm/25mm 0.95 manual lenses to get the same dof with m43. I haven't use the X100.

Here is video to show mark III adapter af speed with A7:

Thanks for posting about the Contax. Overall how would u rate the new adapter compared to other mirrorless Sampras such as m43 or x100 or a7 using native lenses. Of all the shots I liked the last the best.

Gary

Thanks, I was just about to cross the road when the rain came so a few steps back and I was under cover, this was as close I could get without getting wet!

took a photo walk at the capitol with a meetup.com group
im always TOTALLY uninspired when taking photos there, as there are only so many you can take of the same building... or mebbe its just that im not into architecture that much? :)
note the number of shots that have absolutely nothing to do with the capitol... lol

DSC04956.jpg

DSC04888.jpg

DSC04894.jpg

DSC04905.jpg

DSC04907.jpg

DSC04923.jpg

DSC04933.jpg

DSC04940.jpg

DSC04943.jpg

DSC04878.jpg

a vertical panorama, which might have been pretty cool if not for the sheer terror i experience getting near the railing of anything over 1 story up. HA! :D
ive convinced myself that i used to have wings in a former fantasy life, and being so near an edge, im afraid ill leap off, forgetting i can no longer alight myself gracefully on the ground... or im just a big chicken... but.. chickens have wings! hmmm....

DSC04855.jpg

and my GORGEOUS AWARD WINNING attempt at perspective warp in photoshop... im so PRO, i prolly think this threads all about me, dont i? dont i!

DSC04894-Edit.jpg

LOL!

Back