Featured: 'New York City with the G7X' by Ray Sachs

While I will say that is a very good photo of a squirrel on many levels; there is the baby/child, puppy/kitten syndrome where the viewers are not looking at the image as a creative piece but responding emotionally to the subject. It also happens in my work environment, where one can take an incredible image of an unknown personality and then on the other hand take a mediocre image of Brad Pitt and the people in the office go crazy for the Brad Pitt image

While I will say that is a very good photo of a squirrel on many levels; there is the baby/child, puppy/kitten syndrome where the viewers are not looking at the image as a creative piece but responding emotionally to the subject. It also happens in my work environment, where one can take an incredible image of an unknown personality and then on the other hand take a mediocre image of Brad Pitt and the people in the office go crazy for the Brad Pitt image

Totally.

Did you sell the Df?
Did I WHAT?!?!?!?

Good lord NO! I love the Df. And if I ever did sell it, it would likely just be to buy a Df2 or something. And I've had the RX1 and Coolpix A for almost two years now, which has got to be a record for me, and they're not in any danger of leaving either. But I was intrigued with this little compact and found it kind of perfect for the kind of shooting I do when I'm out with my wife and I don't want photography to be too consuming. The Coolpix A does that too, but in a much more limited sense. When I'm out on my own with photography the focus of what I'm doing, I've got the Df with me. This past weekend was a perfect time and place for the G7X, but in no way would it replace the Df...

-Ray

Back