Single in January 2015 - How's the ride? (Days 1-10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out with friends and family today so not much opportunity for shooting. Today's effort is one of the newer buildings in a neighbourhood known as Bonifiacio Global City in Taguig. This is part of a grand development on the site of an old army base, Fort Bonifacio, and is as different from my local neighbourhood as it's possible to be. It has upscale malls, upscale apartments, upscale restaurants, lots of upwardly mobile locals and well-heeled expats. In truth, it's quite boring. I'm not sure the the plan is for tomorrow, but on Monday I hope to get back to real Manila.

Couldn't follow this thread for a few days, just reading about the very cold weather. Looks hard :(... Can't complaint here in Portugal, really nice for the last 2 or 3 weeks, but felling a bit guilty for not going out that much.

José

Today was a busy day so I got a few shots while riding around in the car. It's too bad I was so busy because the sunset this evening was stunning. Hopping for another good one tomorrow.

All things considered, it has been a mixed bag so far, with the upsides dominating for me, thankfully. As long as I managed to devote some some time and found an opportunity, it was reasonably easy, fun and pretty successful. If, on the other hand, I was pressed for time or (like yesterday!) completely knackered, it would turn into a burden. But honestly, that's exactly what was to be expected. The other thing that is to be expected (but that I hadn't) is that quality is equally dependend on time constraints *and* the state I am in - usually, if I'm not in the mood to take pictures, I don't; now I had to, and it was difficult to even get usable ones in some cases.

Additionally, I sort of expected myself to perform at least decently every day - and found it pretty much impossible. In that respect, I draw my metaphorical hat to all pros - delivering consistently is a lot more demanding than I tought. I'll take it a little easier from now on ...

Anyway, I think it's absolutely worth persevering - so far, I've found out a) a lot about the camera and the best way to shoot with it, b) a lot about nearby subjects and rewarding spots to shoot from, c) quite a bit about my own way of shootings, especially when I'm shooting in less than ideal moments and circumstances.

In short, it's just as much of an education as it is a worthwhile pastime (the latter becoming a lot less so if there isn't any actual time to pass - i.e. to devote to it). I'm going to see this all the way through if at all possible.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back