Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

My high-end audio friends know that my cat Lucky loves quiet jazz (particularly Bill Evans), and what better album than Kenny Dorham's wonderful Quiet Kenny to listen to.

A casual portrait of the Luckmeister listening to Quiet Kenny while I am working at home this afternoon crunching data.

Lucky%20and%20Kenny%20Dorham.jpg

Lucky%20and%20Kenny%20Dorham%202.jpg

Fuji X-T1 and Fuji XF23/1.4R, ISO 1600, 1/75th and 1/55th second at f/2.8, respectively. Raw conversion by Iridient Developer 3 Beta, B&W conversion by Silver Efex Pro 2.

Lucky's a beauty......and so is "Quiet Kenny".....probably in my jazz top ten.

Thanks. Yes, the ladies think Lucky is quite the handsome fellow; he's VERY popular with his female veterinary technicians.

Here's one of the very first pics I took with my X-Pro1, another casual portrait.

Lucky-JPEG-Web.jpg

Quiet Kenny is also one of my favorite jazz albums, along with Kenny Burrell's Midnight Blue.

I'm giving Missy a little more time to settle, she got totally freaked out in a thunderstorm last week and has been off her face ever since. REally weird behaviours, waking me at all hours, totally disconnected from me, wont sit with me, wont let me pick her up, etc etc. As of yesterday, I was hell bent on taking her back to the RSPCA and surrendering her, but I felt so guilty I decided to give her a bit more time. Here's where we are at. Outside, in her territory, she talks to me. Inside, thats just for getting fed, and to pee and poo.

She'd rather stay out all night and I wont let her so we have quite marked disagreements late at night.

Here she was, this morning, not looking at me, which is pretty normal at the moment... but at least she talks to me when I am out in the garden with her

View attachment 102280

Say goodbye to Missy. Sadly she did not bond with me and its probably my fault, since I am still not over losing Tommy. She became more and more detached from me, disappearing for hours and hours and me worrying where she was and if she was safe.. She was into tripping me up in the middle of the night when I would go to the bathroom, black nights, black cats, bad combo. so today I bit the bullet and took her back to the RSPCA with a lot more info than they gave me about her... so hopefully they will find the right home for her next time round.

Last shot from me, in the kitty thread, unless I start editing old Tom shots which I havent posted in the past (if I remember which those were!)

goodbyemissy.jpg

Back