Single in January 2015 - How's the ride? (Days 21-31)

I've noticed that this third has produced some stunning images - overall better throughput/quality than the first two (I know this is subjective, but just my opionin :)) ... anyone else seen the same?

I don't feel like I have produced nearly as much worthwhile stuff this time around. I've had to contend with having my movement restricted by a dodgy ankle, having fallen over between Christmas and New Year, starting a new job midway through January, and struggling with (and ultimately abandoning) my first choice of camera, but those are feeble excuses. I have just found it harder this time.

It will be a still life from me tonight and hoping to get a decent outside side shot tomorrow to finish of in style. Then I will have a look through all the photo's that everyone has taken over the next week. I've some and commented on a few, but not all.

One more day. Too many, this SIJ, not up to my expectations. Just not enough "want to", I fear. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Can't think of a better excuse, for my poor performance. :redface:

Still going, time to wrap this up, one more day to go.

Overall, it's been worthwhile for me. Hope to do this again in two years. Every three years seems about right. I don't have enough time to spend taking a picture I'm really happy with each day. However, shooting each day yields a shot I'm happy with a few times throughout the month.

It's also interesting to see all the great pictures posted in the gallery. Have to spend some more time looking through them and commenting.

-Thomas

This month has flown by. Only one more day. Well it has been difficult, but I have not even picked any of my other cameras all month. So starting FeB 1st I am going to use my Df again! Congrats to all who made it and to those who contributed when they could. Some great images came out of this.

I've reached the finish, and am glad to be done. As my rushed last image (no possibilities for cameras with me the rest of the day) will show. Ever since I decided I didn't need to make high art, but just capture something more than a snapshot each day, I didn't mind taking a picture a day. I did find my choice of one focal length, and one I was not familiar with, very limiting. But I also knew that if I didn't mostly limit myself to my chosen camera and lens for most photography outings, I'd never get to know this lens. And it worked, since I started seeing images that would suit my O75 at the end. So in a way I'm glad I limited myself. But now that limitation has gone. So I'm dusting off my other lenses now, filled my camera bag with fun stuff, and will enjoy the variety of perspectives as of tomorrow. Thanks to all who have participated, have looked at my images and have commented. I did fall behind at commenting at one point, but will try to pick up later on.

Last day of the challenge. I'm going to make it, but able to post pictures to gallery just after the challenge, maybe Feb 2nd.

I'm glad I participated. Learnt a lot, how to use X100S and how to utilize whatever you see for your photography.

Trying to find something special for the last day, but it happens to be the day with the worst weather of the month. I'll try again in the afternoon, thinking about ways to take the bad weather as an opportunity.

Done and dusted but nothing special for the final day unfortunately.

I'm just glad I kept my promise and saw it through to the end. Well done to those of us who took part whether you reached the finish line or not - it's been a tough month. Now I can pack a few more lenses with me when I head out and if I can't 'see' anything I want to photograph, I won't force myself to take a shot. :2thumbs:

Me too - not quite as strong as I may have wanted it, but after this morning's photo walk, the weather deteriorated somewhat. Still, very nice light, and a couple of at least interesting opportunities.

On a side note, I had two of my students with me on their first dedicated photo walk - another worthwhile aspect: helping people get into photography ...

M.

Done

Finished, but have to admit, I missed one day. could not "cheat", and post a substitute. I believe we had enough pictures, to keep busy, browsing, for quite a while. So, don't think my one missing, is going to annoy anyone for very long. :)

.....Really? No! Surely not. :sorry:

I have a couple images to post later. I was out again last night, went past midnight so if I need to use one of those I will. We're under a winter storm warning and suppose to get 6-9 inches of snow. So I'm trying to wait it out and get some snow pictures if I can. So far its just been raining, which I hope doesn't freeze on the roads when it transitions to snow. I enjoyed the challenge. It got me back to where I needed to be after a sporadic 2014. I also really enjoyed everyone's contributions as well.

Back