Canon New EOS M3 looks nice

I agree, Steve.

In my several months of owning, using, and playing around with an origina EOS M, I've been quite impressed with many many things, but most of all the quality of the images it produces. I think the M3 may up the ante....not for photographers in general, but rather for that small subset of EOS M fans like myself.

As a minor note, on the EOS M dpreview forum, there are several threads about a sale which Amazon Japan is currently having on the EOS M3 + the EVF - for a ridiculously low price. There are a few hoops to jump through - for example, if you live in the US (like I do), you must establish an account with a Japanese 'reseller' (like Tenso) and then when you put in your purchase order to Amazon Japan, you have them ship it to Tenso, who then ships it to you -

But the overall initial price seem quite low - appro $490 USD for the M3 body + a clunky but nonetheless cool and functional (and pricey, by itself) EVF - so I'm tempted to preorder one.

The M3 looks promising. It will run $950 at launch with the 22, or $500 or so buying the international versions on eBay. Evidently there was a strange fire sale in Japan at a silly price. That's an f2 24.2 MP APS-C compact similar to the X100 series. No EVF but a any cheap 35mm equiv. clip on OVF will help in bright light. The Old 18 MP sensor produced great RAW files.

Edit: Reviews are that it's still pretty slow. Maybe it will drop in price like the M did :D

Sixth avenue photo has the white body for $372 on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-M3-Digital-Camera-White-/191675476464?hash=item2ca0bfa9f0

They include their own one year warranty and it ships from NJ

Last edited:
Back